Before diving into the world of Minecraft Maps, let us take a look at the course of the game. Minecraft went from a single user experience to a collaborative network. At its onset, Minecraft was a three-dimensional pixelated world. With that, it provided creative freedom. In the present times, Minecraft hosts this same creativity but as a fusion. Users can interact with each other in the Minecraft world. This is possible through multiplayer mode or with the help of maps.
What are Minecraft Maps?
Minecraft Maps don’t allow you to communicate with its owner directly. Instead, it is one way to experience their version of a Minecraft world. As a beginner, it takes time to shape a Minecraft world. But if you are eager to start exploring, all you have to do is download a Minecraft map. These Minecraft worlds are their own experiences with architectural designs, threats, and mysteries.
How to download a Minecraft Map?
Minecraft worlds are somewhat of a cult among gamers. There is a whole catalogue of Minecraft maps to search from. A simple google search will take you to chunks of websites that feature such maps. Search through the categories available; puzzles, minigames, mystery, etc. Check for reviews. And click on the title of the map. Your map will download as a zip folder. To get to play on this map, we need to add it to Minecraft. Below is a wholesome guide for this.
Complete guide to adding a Map to Minecraft
A tip- Make sure the map you download is compatible with your version of Minecraft.
- Bring the file to the desktop- press Clt+J on your browser to open the download logs. Next, click on the ‘show in folder’ option and drag the file to your desktop for easy access.
- Locate Minecraft folder- To shortcut the hunt for the desired folder, press Windows Button+R to open the search box. Here we’re specifically looking for Minecraft app data. So, paste the following code into the search box %appdata%.minecraft. You will find a list of Minecraft filed.
- Save it- Look for the ‘save’ folder among others and open it. Inside it, you will find all the pre-existing maps of your worlds. Drag and drop the newly downloaded map into the ‘save’ folder.
- Name- Give a unique name to your new map. This will help you recognize it in Minecraft.
- Check- Go to Minecraft; when you choose a player, a list of maps will appear for selection. Check for your uniquely named map, and you’re ready to play.
New policies of Minecraft
As of 2021, Minecraft is no longer a subsidiary of Majong games. Instead, it is a Microsoft-owned company. This has led to certain transformations in the operational policies. The current developments suggest that Minecraft will require a compulsory Microsoft account. All you have to do is sign up for this free mc account to access Minecraft.
Before Microsoft, one needed a paid Minecraft account to log in to the game. Post which it came to an all-inclusive Majong account.